All Your favorite foods
- Prepare chicken. Clean chicken, cut up and season with all above seasonings, except green peas.
- Bring to boil and use sufficient water to cover chicken. Simmer until chicken is fork tender.
- Remove chicken from liquid. To chicken liquid mix 1 pound ground corn with water and strain
to make smooth. Add this mixture to chicken broth.
- In a medium sized bowl put masa (corn), 1/2 tsp salt & shortening. Mix well.
- Make round balls and flatten in palms of hands. Set aside.
- Test chicken for tenderness. Add sweet pepper and tomatoes. Let simmer for 5 minutes more and taste.
- Drop corn balls in pot (water should be sufficient to cover balls). Cook for another
20-25 minutes. Serve hot plates.
- CULL: 1 large chicken (3-4 lbs) 1800g
- 2 round red recardo
- 2 tsp comino 10ml
- 2-3 plugs garlic (crushed)
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 1 sweet pepper (chopped)
- 1 habanero pepper
- 1 tsp salt 5ml
- 1/2 tsp thyme 2ml
- 1 large tomato (sliced)
- plantain leaf or aluminum foil
- 1 large can green peas 16 ozs.
- CORN (MASA): 1 tsp salt 5 ml
- 5 lbs ground corn 2250g
- 3/4 lb shortening 340g